According to the survey, women spend an average of more than 8 hours a week preparing food. And if you add up all the time that women spend at the stove during their lifetime, you get 3 years of continuous cooking! Fortunately, there is a way to shorten this time, and a regular freezer will help. Now we will tell you everything.
There are 2 ways to start saving time on cooking:
- Prepare 5-6 meals at a time (portions should be small), freeze most of the dishes and then defrost as necessary and eat.
- And it is possible to cook 1 dish each time, but to a greater extent than usual, and to freeze part of it. After a week or two, so much ready food will accumulate in your freezer that you can periodically allow yourself not to think about cooking, but simply to defrost and reheat stocks.
we We will tell you what ready-made dishes can be frozen and at the same time not to be afraid that after defrosting they will turn into an unappetizing substance.
Freeze. Plov should be frozen only freshly prepared and cooled to room temperature. It can be packaged in packages (releasing all the air beforehand) or containers. Also, do not forget to stick a sticker with the date of freezing. Keep frozen pilaf can 3 months at −18 ° C.
Defrost. There are several ways to defrost:
- In the pan (if frozen in the package). Put pilaf in an unheated dry pan and simmer over low heat under the lid. You can add a couple of spoons of water.
- In the microwave. Just use the defrost mode.
- In a refrigerator. Put frozen pilaf into it for about 8-10 hours (depending on the volume), then heat the dish in any way convenient for you.
Freeze. First, the finished dish must be removed in the refrigerator to cool. After about 2 hours, the pepper can be decomposed into packets, without forgetting to release air from them afterwards. If there is enough space in the freezer, place the peppers in containers. Keep ready stuffed peppers can be 3 months.
If you cooked peppers with gravy, you can freeze it separately, using small containers.
- In the microwave, using the defrost mode.
- In a refrigerator. Put them there in advance, for example at night. And this dish can be warmed up in a saucepan or in an oven.
Freeze. Finished pizza should be cooled to room temperature, wrap cling film. Keep pizza in the freezer should be no more half a year. By the way, you can cut it into pieces, wrap each film and freeze it.
Defrost. First, let the pizza thaw a little, you can not until the end. Then remove the film and put the pizza in the microwave for 3-4 minutes or in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
Freeze. Cooked rice can be frozen if you cook it properly. If you get unappetizing sticky rice mass, then when freezing and defrosting, this mass will become even less pleasant. So, first, ready rice needs to be cooled. To do this, lay it on a flat tray and stir occasionally with a fork. Once the rice has cooled, pour it into containers without tamping. Leave some empty space. Place the containers in the freezer and shake them several times over the next 2 hours to prevent the rice from sticking to one large brick. If everything was done correctly, after defrosting the rice will be crumbly. Keep it can 3-6 months.
- Put the rice on the shelf of the refrigerator until it is completely defrosted.
- You can defrost rice and microwave: put it on a plate, add some cold boiled water and turn on the defrosting mode.
- You can also heat the rice in the pan: reduce the heat to minimum, add a little water to the rice and stir from time to time.
Freeze. Potatoes are a specific product for freezing, as after defrosting it can change its taste and texture. Therefore, it is optimal to freeze potatoes in the form of mashed potatoes. It needs to be frozen freshly prepared. Cool mashed potatoes to room temperature, then place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. After that, place it in containers or packages and send in the freezer. Keep mashed potatoes can up to half a year.
- In the microwave, using the defrost mode.
- On the shelf of the refrigerator for several hours.
- In the pan - just add some water.
It may seem that the dishes that are prepared on the strength of half an hour, it makes no sense to freeze. Nevertheless, sometimes half an hour play a big role after a hard day's work.
Freeze. All porridges can be frozen, the only difference is in the duration storage: porridges cooked in water can be stored no more 6 months, and porridge on milk - no more than 4.
So, ready-made porridges need to be cooled to 4-6 ° C (put them in the refrigerator for an hour), and then pour them into containers or bags (for example, you can do this with oatmeal or buckwheat) and place in the freezer.
Little trick: put a bag inside the container and then put the porridge in it. When it freezes, remove the bag from the container, and you will have a frozen porridge brick that will take up little space in the freezer.
Liquid cereals are best kept in a jar or container. Do not forget that the product will expand when frozen, so leave a little empty space.
Defrost. Kashi should be defrosted only on the shelf of the refrigerator. Dry thawed in a few hours, but the liquid is better to defrost in the evening. In the morning you will have a ready-made breakfast, which will remain heated in the microwave.
8. Soups, mashed potatoes, broths
Freeze. Only freshly brewed cream soup or broth should be sent to the freezer, but not the one that stood for a day or two. It is also worth considering that after defrosting the soup, the pasta contained in it will darken (due to starch, which reacts to temperature changes). Also, do not freeze the soup in which there are potatoes, as there is a chance that after defrosting the soup will turn into porridge.
So, after the soup has cooled, pour it into dry containers and put it in the freezer. Do not forget to leave some free space in the containers. Keep such soups should be no longer 3 months.
By the way, greens in soups are better not to freeze. Freeze it freshly ground separately.
Defrost. Soup can be thawed in the microwave (in defrosting mode) or in the refrigerator: in this case, the soup will thaw for 4-5 hours, and then it needs to be heated in a saucepan over minimal heat. It’s not necessary to bring the soup to a boil.
Freeze. Bread, buns, pies, muffins, muffins, cakes, cookies and gingerbread can be frozen. Large pastries, such as bread or cake, are best to cut before freezing. Keep baking in the freezer is possible in bags or containers and not longer 2 months.
- In the microwave.
- Leave to defrost at room temperature.
10. Meat products
Freeze. First, cook any ready-made meat dish (cutlets, chicken, meatballs, and so on) to room temperature and wrap with cling film, and then send the briquettes in the freezer. Keep meat products should not be longer 3 months.
- At room temperature.
- In the microwave. To taste the dishes are not particularly affected, you can add a little spicy herbs, butter or some sauce to taste.
Few important points
- After you put the dishes in packages, do not forget to completely get rid of the air in them.
- If you freeze something liquid (sauces, soups), do not forget to leave a little space in the container, because when it freezes, the liquid will increase in volume, and the container may crack.
- Do not forget to put the date of freezing on the bags and containers.
- It is better to defrost foods in a slow way (on the shelf of the refrigerator). Use a microwave only if time is running out.
- After defrosting, ready-made meals can not be re-frozen.